Friday 18 June 2010

Vale, Saramago




One of my favourite living writers has passed away; Nobel Prize winning Jose Saramago.

'Blindness' is in my Top 10 novels, ever.

He has the honour of being one of only three writers to have a quote magnetised to my fridge and it is this:

"...but when all is said and done, whoever goes, goes, and whoever remains, remains."


**

In other news, I've neglected this blog for a long time; more than a year in fact. I've read some good books in that time.

I'm going to start it up again...

5 comments:

Cath said...

'bout time!

Ramon Insertnamehere said...

I'm going to start it up again

That's easy for you to say.

Your glasses aren't broken.

come.to.mumma said...

Welcome back tiger!

And what Cath said.

squib said...

When you say 'again', when exactly?

Melba said...

Well well well the whispers are true.

Maybe.

Come on, crank it up.

x